Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just got my hair cut short- now I need help?

... after having rapunzel hair for the past five years, i got it cut short today- chin length, razor cut, long layers.



I tried styling it like the hairdresser did and HAHAHA! By the time I got done, it was an ugly, frizzy mess. Like all crimpy and the ends looked like straw. :(



I don't know how to use a flat iron, obviously.



I think I put too much product in it (and are you supposed to do that before styling, after, or both?). I bought "putty", "gel", "texturizer" and "serum". Not sure really what they are for and felt too stupid to ask at the beauty supply place. the serum did help smooth the frizzies, so I think I got that one figured out, but the rest... i am clueless.



If anyone with short jaggedy hair can give me some tips, or point me toward a site that will teach me, i'd be delighted and very thankful.



Just got my hair cut short- now I need help?

Don't ever feel stupid to ask the salon staff. Thats why they are the ones doing hair and not the client :D Besides a good stylist is alllllways happy to help.



First off the short hair is really in right now I bet it looks amazing, and you probably feel 20lbs lighter lol.



but getting used to styling it is a little diff. :D



when you're done washing your hair, use a round brush and pull UP from the root while drying. It'll give your new short cut volume so its not flat, and its easier to style.



also dont put any product on it. except for Chi silk infusion maybe. just a dime sized amount. It REALLY helps smooth the ends, and completely gets rid of frizz so when you're done drying, you dont have to put anything in it :D



its great stuff and its very healthy, not heavy, wont weight your style down and smells good :D



now, when flat iorning... dont just grab and pull lol. if you dry your hair the way I said, it should be good up top. Just section pieces of the hair and start about mid length and straighten downwards but dont PULL the hair, just slide it, holding about 7 seconds.



if you do need a little work from the root down lift the hair up and pull by the root with the straightener and go up and out..like... the Mcdonalds arch!



basically though, just grab a section of hair one by one and help maintain a sleek look.



if you want get a very light hair putty and get a pea sized amount.



just put a little on the tip of your fingers, rub together, then grab the last inch or so of hair and pull down, to give it a bit of an edgy/ choppy feel.



hopefully I could help some, and if not dont ever be afraid to ask a stylist :D



Just got my hair cut short- now I need help?

wah,short jagged hair is so fun to maintain! use gel while ur hir is still damp,twist the ends n leave it to dry,n u'' hv messy hair,but remember 2 do this on DAMP hair! it'll get frizzy 4 light hair if u do this on dry hair..



or put on texturizer on dry hair,i love Bed Head Tigi Hard to Get,u can shape ur hair in everything with lil amount!



if u dun want 2 ask at d beauty supply place,search the product info u'll buy/u hv bought,there should b lot of comments or reviews from another user..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter